奇幻城线上娱乐官网Founded in 1928, YVC is one of the largest providers of postsecondary education in the south central region of Washington State. The College has a long tradition of quality teaching and a strong commitment to student success. YVC offers a comprehensive curriculum for bachelor of applied science degrees, transfer degrees, professional and technical degrees, basic skills instruction, and personal enrichment. These educational options are accessible throughout the service district both in face-to-face courses and online instruction.
奇幻城线上娱乐官网A full array of academic services and programs are offered at the main campus in Yakima as well as at the branch campus in Grandview. Basic skills instruction including adult basic education, English as a second language, GED preparation, and High School 21+ are offered at both campuses as well as at learning centers and community partner organizations throughout the district.
奇幻城线上娱乐官网As part of YVC’s accreditation process for the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities, the college annually reviews its progress at meeting strategic goals related to three core themes: community, access, and success. The college has identified multiple objectives and indicators for each of these themes, and has explicitly focused on identifying and closing access and achievement gaps.
- Yakima Valley College was founded in 1928 and has a long tradition of quality teaching and commitment to students.
- As a public, two-year institution of higher education, YVC is part of one of the best comprehensive community college systems in the nation.
- The college is governed by a 5 member Board of Trustees.
- YVC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. We also have earned special accreditation recognition in the following programs automotive service technology, dental hygiene, medical assisting, nursing, radiologic sciences, surgical technology, and veterinary technology.
- The college serves over 800 square miles including Yakima, Kittitas and Klickitat counties. YVC has campuses in Yakima & Grandview and Learning centers in Ellensburg, Toppenish, and Sunnyside.
- Since 2002, YVC has been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-serving Institution.
- The college employs an average of 1,040 people including full-time, part-time, and student workers.
- We offer face-to-face and online instruction with flexible class schedules for day and evening classes.
奇幻城线上娱乐官网As one of 34 community and technical colleges in Washington State, the YVC service district covers 800 square miles. According to the United States Community Survey, between 2010 and 2014 the following data was released:
- The percentage of Hispanic individuals in Yakima County rose from 43.2% to 46.5%.
- The percentage of the 18-64 year old population in poverty rose from 18.4% to 20.1%.
- The percentage of Yakima County adults 25 years and older that has not earned a high school diploma decreased from 29.2% to 28.4%.
- The percentage of adults 25 years of age and older that has earned a bachelors degree or higher has increased from 15.6% to 15.8%.